Frame your walls
Install 1/2″ moisture and mold-resistant drywall
Insulate your walls with Owens Corning© R15 insulation
Wire electrical to code, assuring you have the right outlets in the right locations
Spray paint your ceiling for an open, finished look
Install canned lights with a dimmer switch for optical lighting control
Install luxury vinyl tiling (LVT) or carpet for a warm, dry space
Paint your walls and trim with a high-quality paint
Looking for something more?
Adding a drywall or drop ceiling is an option but will increase your budget and require additional time in estimating and construction.
Alpha Design+Build’s custom division can work with you – now or later – to add a bathroom, kitchenette, gym, or bedroom to your basement. Let’s talk about your long-term plans so we can be sure your basement is set up properly and ready to go when you are. Good planning now will save you money down the road.
What Does the Process Look Like?
We just need a little information and some pictures from you to get going. Once we have that information, we’ll take 2-3 business days to prepare an estimate and then contact you to schedule a virtual meeting to discuss your project. If everything is acceptable to you, we’ll sign an agreement and be back in touch the next business day with a date to begin.
As long as the measurements and photos you provide us are accurate, our estimate is firm. Even if your measurements are off a bit, we can make small modifications once we make our first site visit to your home.
How To Begin
1. A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Take pictures or a video showing each wall in your basement and upload them using the form below.
2. Before: Draw the current shape of your basement on a plain piece of paper, or if you really want to get fancy, some graph paper. We won’t grade your design, we’re just looking for a basic shape. [Graph paper like this]
3. After: If you desire to carve out some extra space by adding a few walls, grab another piece of paper and draw the shape of what you’d like your final basement to look like. If you’re not adding extra walls, just skip this.
4. Pull Out Your Measuring Tape! On the drawing of your current basement, add the measurements from corner to corner around your room. Feel free to round up to the nearest inch, we’ll confirm the measurements on our site visit [Add drawing like this]
5. Save your drawing(s) as a .jpg file and upload them using the form below.
6. Complete the rest of the form below so that we know how to get in touch with you.
Complete the Form Below
That’s it! You’re done. You can expect to hear back from us in 2-3 business days with an estimate for your new basement. Thanks for your help and the opportunity to prepare an estimate for you.